- Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- To support the mission of the church worldwide,
- To work for justice and peace, and
- To build and inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Staying Connected with fellow Providence Presbyterian Women: PW has a new facebook page. Come find us by entering in the facebook search bar: Presybterian Women of Providence Presbytery SC or use this link Like and Follow the page and help us stay connected.
Resources for Nurturing your faith: Horizons Magazine has an offer for new readers. Send your list of potential new Horizons magazine readers to Carissa Harold and she will see that they receive three free issues of Horizons. Email your list to email@example.com or mail to Carissa Herold, 100 Witherspoon St., Louisville, KY. 40202.
Horizons Bible Study for 2020-2021 is “Into the Light – Finding Hope through Prayers of Lament” by P. Lynn Miller. Resources for this Bible study can be found at www.presbyterianwomen.org.
Working for Justice and Peace: We are called to share God’s love with the world, by being God’s hands in the world. We answer God’s call to “do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with our God” (Micah 6:8).
Here is a resource for you https://www.presbyterianwomen.org/downloads/2020-justice-and-peace-calendar/
Building Community: As disciples of Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, Presbyterian Women are committed to finding, nurturing and building community in our churches, our circles, our neighborhoods and truly, throughout the world!
What have you been doing to build community? How are you reaching out to other women especially during this time of racial injustice?
- *Invite the community, not just members, to church events
- Build a Blessing Box and have it outside your church with various food items.
- Send card and notes to those in assisted living facilities (many are not able to receive visitors due to covid).
The Providence Presbytery Presbyterian Women Coordinating Team is working to connect women from throughout our presbytery while carrying out the mission of Presbyterian Women. Join us.
Get In Touch